Apply here for the for the 2019 Screenwriting Competition!
Calling all girls and young women in New Mexico!
Do you have a story you want to tell? Apply for the 2019 NMGMM Screenwriting Competition. Three finalsits will receive cash prizes and an invitation to the NMGMM Gala in May, where the winning screenplay will be performed as a staged reading.
Finalists will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with professional female mentors to turn their stories into screenplays or improve their scripts before final judging. It’s a great way to improve your writing skills, network with other young writers and filmmakers and have fun!
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT
• An original screenplay (5 pages or less), short story, poem, graphic novel, comic book, or any other fictional story
• A completed application
• A parent permission form (if under the age of 18)
• Submissions open December 15, 2018
• Submissions close March 8, 2019 at 11:59 pm (MST)
• Winner will be announced the first week of April
• You must be a New Mexico Resident to enter
• Open to WOMEN AND GIRLS (age 12-25) only
• You do not need to be an enrolled student to enter
• No screenwriting experience necessary
• Members of the Writer’s Guild of America are not eligible
• Submitted scripts or story ideas must be original and the sole property of the applicant(s)
• Submissions in screenplay format must be 5 pages typed or less.
• Short stories, poems, plays, comic books, etc., of any length will be considered.
• Submissions do not need to include dialogue.
• Entries with teams (more that one writer) will be considered
• No substitutions of submitted material
• All submissions that meet the requirements will be considered.
From rewriting and casting to producing and directing, learn every aspect of the filmmaking process to make your short film great. Professional mentors are with you every step of the way.