Apply now for the free New Mexico Girls Make Movies Screenwriter/Director Workshops and help make your film dreams a reality!
For its 2018 Season, New Mexico Girls Make Movies is offering 4 Free Workshops in Screenwriting and Directing for Girls and Young Women ages 12 – 25 in a town near you: Santa Fe, Taos, Las Cruces, and Albuquerque.
With this free workshop you’ll get to:
- Develop, rewrite, and transform your story into a screenplay
- Cast professional actors for your scenes
- Direct your actors and watch your words come to life!
From first drafts and storyboarding to casting and directing, learn the storytelling process to transform your good idea into a great screenplay. A Professional Mentor will be with you every step of the way.
Santa Fe : Sunday, February 11, 2018 in cooperation with the Santa Fe Film Festival
Las Cruces, Taos, and Albuquerque dates to be posted soon.
What you need to submit:
- An original screenplay (any 5 pages or less), short story, poem, comic book, or any other story format.
- A completed application.
- A parent permission form (if under the age of 18)
- Open to middle school, high school, and college-aged WOMEN AND GIRLS (age 12-25) only.
- You must be at least 12 years old to enter.
- No filmmaking experience necessary.
- You must be a New Mexico Resident to enter.
- You do not need to be an enrolled student to enter.
- Members of the Writer’s Guild of America are not eligible.
- Submitted scripts or story ideas must be original and the sole property of the applicant.
- Submission must be for a narrative film (no documentaries please) of any genre. Please submit any 5 pages from your screenplay (does not have to be the first 5.) Longer short stories, poems, comic books, and other formats will be considered.
- Submissions can be without dialogue.
- All formats will be considered for development: screenplay, poem, short story, play, comic book etc.
- You can submit in .doc, .docx or .pdf file formats
- No substitutions of submitted material.
- Submissions open December 15, 2017.
- Deadline for Santa Fe submission is 11:59 pm (MST) February 2, 2018
- Deadlines for Las Cruces, Albuquerque, and Taos submissions to be announced.
- Winners will be contacted via email of their acceptance into the workshop.
- All submissions that meet the requirements will be considered.
- Any submission that does not meet the requirements will be dismissed
Any questions? Visit our Facebook page @nmgirlsmakemovies
Complete the application here:
And parental permission here:
Or visit our fiscal sponsor, The New Mexico Film Foundation, at www.nmfilmfoundation.org.